Tuesday 8 July 2008

Healer - Mike Guglielmucci


Every so often a new worship song comes around that has the power and potential to be the greatest anthem for the global church to sing and cry out to God. The song "Healer" is powerful and has an amazing story behind it. (I love songs with a great stroy behind them)... Written by Mike Guglielmucci, this song is a declaration of love and relisation that Jesus is all we'll ever need. to quote the chorus . . .

I believe You're my Healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe You're my Portion
I believe You're more than enough for me
Jesus You're all I need

That just blows me away eveytime I read it. God is my healer, hes more than enough and is forever faithful. God is a God who cares for us. Although at the end of the day we deserve none of it, everything that is, is his, and is about him. Not about us, and he wants to be our healer. How mad is that! That has to be the very expression of pure love! . . . God is the healer of, our finance, our health, family, emotions, the list goes on and on, he is the healer and is in the business of restoration.
Take a look at the video, to get a bit of an insight to the songwriters mind and why he wrote this anthem of worship to God.


A full version of the song can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsnC6gPG3YU


Petey.


2 comments:

simont said...

Pete, i'm assuming that you saw the video with mike, and the hillsong ones, singing the song. In case you haven't, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4xsWldmqAo&eurl=http://www.supersimbo.net/

It is an awesome song!

Boaly said...

Class